Note: only 133 of our country’s 405 national parks usually charge an entrance fee, so all fees are waived on February 14-16, 2015. Please check with each park for operating hours and event schedules.
Photo of hikers on the Cerro Grande Trail at Bandelier National Monument.
America’s Best Idea — the national parks — is even better when it’s free!
Mark your calendar for these entrance fee-free* dates in 2015:
- January 19: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 14-16: Presidents Day weekend
- April 18-19: opening weekend of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 26: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
For more Freebies, click here.