Walgreens will be awesome for the next couple of days with the $/$$ coupons printing. I ended up coming up with a scenario that was about a $4 Money Maker after tax!
Here’s a few tips for minimizing your out-of-pocket to reach the $10 or $20 thresholds:
- The best way to meet the threshold is to load up your basket with FREE or MONEY MAKER items like Bayer Contour EZ Meters or Lever 2000 Soap.
- In most cases, optimization requires you to plan your transactions so you can pin as close to the threshold as possible.
- Remember that thresholds are calculated after all store coupons and discounts, but BEFORE any manufacturer’s coupons.
Here’s the scenario that I came up with to utilize a $5 off $20 —
Buy: 1 x Bayer Contour EZ Meter $9.99
and 3 x Hallmark Greeting Cards $2.97
and 2 x Lever 2000 Bar Soap, 2 Pk. $2.49*
and 1 x Colgate Toothbrush $2.99
and 2 x Orbit Gum $1.38
and 2 x M&M’s Chocolate $1.79
and 2 x Sunkist Soda, 2L $1.76
and 1 x Caramel (Filler) 39¢
* This store has a lower base than most other stores which have them for $2.79! This is actually irrelevant, aside from when you calculate the threshold, since you use 2 x $1.50 coupons which will be adjusted down accordingly.
Use: 1 x $10/1 Bayer Contour EZ Meter* (Walgreens Diabetes Book)
and 1 x $2/3 Hallmark Cards (Printable Coupon)
and 2 x $1.50/1 Lever 2000* (Printable Coupon)
and 2 x $2/1 Orbit, M&M’s, and 20 oz. or 2L Soda (Tearpad Coupon)
Stack with: $5 Off $20 (Walgreens CAT Coupon)
Pay: 28¢ + Tax, Receive: $2 RR + 4,000 BR Points
Final Price: FREE+ $5.72 Money Maker
* Coupons adjusted down accordingly.
Few more transactions you might consider:
- Buy: 2 Sets of Orbit, M&M’s, and 2L Soda w/ a Meter and Mitchum. You will need at least a 7¢ filler. Out-of-pocket is cost of filler – 7¢ + tax, but you get back $4 RR and 2,000 BR Points.
- Buy: 4 Sets of Orbit, M&M’s, and 2L Soda w/ a Meter and 3 Hallmark Cards. You will need at least a $2.17 filler. Out-of-pocket is: cost of filler – $2.17 + tax, but you get back 4,000 BR Points.
- Buy: 6 Sets of Orbit, M&M’s, and 2L Soda w/ 3 Hallmark Cards. You will need at least a $2.24 filler. Out-of-pocket is $1 + cost of filler – $2.24 + tax, but you get back 2,000 BR Points.
Obviously, there are many variations, but these are just a few to get you started. Good luck!
For more Walgreens deals, click here.
Be sure to check back tomorrow for Double Dip deals!